Elite Ranks

Welcome To Elite Ranks Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.
[NEWS] 30B Giveaway 28th October.Current Friends Chat [Elite Wagers]

Elite Ranks - Your personal staking clan

2B POT WIN 1HP REGEN?!?!

NoDuck
    Captain
    Captain

2B POT WIN 1HP REGEN?!?!

Post by NoDuck on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:25 am

Hello all , NoDuck here Very Happy
    Current RSN : PLASTICINE

Never posted here for awhile so here's a video.
    I've seen people regen 1HP against me a few times.
    This 2B pot win is just as insanely lucky to hit a max crit pid.
    I got pidded 316 on 316 HP and i thought I've lost but i regened 1 HP at the last second.
    Anyone know the game mechanics behind this?  Surprised

Host in video (JACKMA) is me just that i renamed due to imposters :C
    Enjoy  cheers

(sorry for poor editing skillz)

Malik
    Mod
    Mod

Re: 2B POT WIN 1HP REGEN?!?!

Post by Malik on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:01 am

Mine is 3800m pot and I was the one who lost. I'll explain how the 1hp regen works (spoiler alert: it's not a regen at all!)

Malik
    Mod
    Mod

Post by Malik on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:54 am

Alrighty so what I think goes against the common "OMG he regened 1hp!" I think this has to do with the EOC HP system. So first, we need a basic understanding of HP from legacy and EOC. If you're on legacy, your display shows 990 HP. EoC shows 9900. The thing you need to keep in mind is that legacy still technically uses the 9900 HP system, it just moves the decimal one space to the left.

So with that in mind, whenever you hit something in legacy there is one number we are missing to the right. So for example, I'm on legacy mode and hit a 161. If I were on EoC, that number would be between 1610 and 1619 (1615-1619 wouldn't round up to 1620 because RS always rounds down for things like this). To prove this I have a screenshot. One account is on legacy mode and the other is on EoC. Notice the 1616 is rounded down to a 161 in legacy mode. Amazing!

Moving on. My theory with 1hp regens is that we get VERY unlucky with that last hit. So for example the opponent has 160hp in legacy but 1609 in EoC, and I hit a 160, they would have 9 eoc hp left which would round down to 0 hp in legacy mode. But in reality, 9hp keeps them alive but the toolbar still displays 0hp.

---

The only problem with this is that if that person did indeed have 9 eoc hp left (0hp in legacy), then why does doing the last hit show 1 legacy damage? With my theory that hit should display a hit of 0. The only solution I could come up with is I'm wrong about everything above OR that hit splats have to have a minimum of 1 damage to show a hitsplat. If we did indeed hit a 0, then a blue 0 would come up rather than a red 0.

Also in your video, you show 1HP left so with the same logic in the paragraph above I believe you have to display a minimum of 1HP on your toolbar to be considered "alive" in RuneScape.
    =========

Forgot to mention. You cannot regen HP while in combat. It's simply impossible. So, my explanation is the most logical reasoning.

Last edited by Malik on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

A Real Tool
    Admin
    Admin

Post by A Real Tool on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Malik wrote:Alrighty so my theory goes against the common "OMG he regened 1hp!" I think this has to do with the EOC HP system. So first, we need a basic understanding of HP from legacy and EOC. If you're on legacy, your display shows 990 HP. EoC shows 9900. The thing you need to keep in mind is that legacy still technically uses the 9900 HP system, it just moves the decimal one space to the left.

So with that in mind, whenever you hit something in legacy there is one number we are missing to the right. So for example, I'm on legacy mode and hit a 161. If I were on EoC, that number would be between 1610 and 1619 (1615-1619 wouldn't round up to 1620 because RS always rounds down for things like this). To prove this I have a screenshot. One account is on legacy mode and the other is on EoC. Notice the 1616 is rounded down to a 161 in legacy mode. Amazing!

Moving on. My theory with 1hp regens is that we get VERY unlucky with that last hit. So for example the opponent has 160hp in legacy but 1609 in EoC, and I hit a 160, they would have 9 eoc hp left which would round down to 0 hp in legacy mode. But in reality, 9hp keeps them alive but the toolbar still displays 0hp.

---

The only problem with this theory is that if that person did indeed have 9 eoc hp left (0hp in legacy), then why does doing the last hit show 1 legacy damage? With my theory that hit should display a hit of 0. The only solution I could come up with is I'm wrong about everything above OR that hit splats have to have a minimum of 1 damage to show a hitsplat. If we did indeed hit a 0, then a blue 0 would come up rather than a red 0.

Also in your video, you show 1HP left so with the same logic in the paragraph above I believe you have to display a minimum of 1HP on your toolbar to be considered "alive" in RuneScape.
    =========

Forgot to mention. You cannot regen HP while in combat. It's simply impossible. So, my theory is most likely true.

Um, I thought everyone knew this, hp regeneration isn't a thing, it's based on the EOC hits just like you've stated.
    Malik
    Mod
    Mod

Post by Malik on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 pm

A Real Tool wrote:
    Malik wrote:Alrighty so my theory goes against the common "OMG he regened 1hp!" I think this has to do with the EOC HP system. So first, we need a basic understanding of HP from legacy and EOC. If you're on legacy, your display shows 990 HP. EoC shows 9900. The thing you need to keep in mind is that legacy still technically uses the 9900 HP system, it just moves the decimal one space to the left.

---

The only problem with this theory is that if that person did indeed have 9 eoc hp left (0hp in legacy), then why does doing the last hit show 1 legacy damage? With my theory that hit should display a hit of 0. The only solution I could come up with is I'm wrong about everything above OR that hit splats have to have a minimum of 1 damage to show a hitsplat. If we did indeed hit a 0, then a blue 0 would come up rather than a red 0.

=========

Forgot to mention. You cannot regen HP while in combat. It's simply impossible. So, my theory is most likely true.

Um, I thought everyone knew this, hp regeneration isn't a thing, it's based on the EOC hits just like you've stated.

At least 90% of the FC thinks HP regeneration is a thing. Matter of fact, 90% of the FC doesn't even know EoC exists lmao

NoDuck
    Captain
    Captain

Post by NoDuck on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:46 am

ahhh understood now thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:15 pm