Elite Ranks

Welcome To Elite Ranks Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.
[NEWS] 30B Giveaway 28th October.Current Friends Chat [Elite Wagers]

Elite Ranks - Your personal staking clan


    New Website

    Share

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:46 pm

    Hey all!
    I recently joined this fc and I'm really liking it.
    When I visited the website I found it having a rather poor look for such big and wealthy community. I'm a web designer and would be glad to make you guys a decent website that lives up the Elite Ranks standards.





    Mobile look:



    Current About us page:



    I started on a forums to, the forums is fully responsive which means it fits on different device screens.

    Homepage


    Inside a post


    User Profile Page [used Austins pic from here fast cos i was lazy Wink]


    Mobile look


    Embedded the eliterankstwitch


    Credits: King Fox from Rune-Server / Bootstrap Framework / phpbb forum platofmr

    Let me know Smile
    Regards,
    Arno - Jesuisparis


    Last edited by jesuisparis on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:56 am; edited 6 times in total

    Austin

    Posts : 319
    Join date : 2015-11-23
    Age : 19
    Location : Poly Area

    Re: New Website

    Post by Austin on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:00 pm

    Wow nice. I like this. It's more modern. Nice work Very Happy

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:28 pm

    Thanks for the support, if COIN gives approval we can discuss this further on skype.

    NBC News
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 237
    Join date : 2015-11-25
    Age : 18
    Location : Glorious America

    Re: New Website

    Post by NBC News on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:51 pm

    i actually do like it a bit, but i enjoy our current forum look but that would be a great intro page.

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:54 pm

    Fear Money wrote:i actually do like it a bit, but i enjoy our current forum look but that would be a great intro page.

    The forum look ain't bad but honestly could be way better.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:00 am

    Jn wrote:Really cool Very Happy! Did you intend on making me in the background? Very Happy

    Haha thanks for the support

    Rex
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2015-11-23
    Age : 21
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: New Website

    Post by Rex on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:54 pm

    really great tbh, more proffesional i'd say

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:45 pm

    Rex wrote:really great tbh, more proffesional i'd say

    Thanks for the support Rex Smile

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:30 pm

    Edited the twitch page, can now see what host is streaming and follow the stream live on the website:




    3literampage

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2015-11-28

    Re: New Website

    Post by 3literampage on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:31 pm

    Very well structured website. Like austin said it is looking modern and I think it's an important point. You got my vote, cheers mate

    Rex
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2015-11-23
    Age : 21
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: New Website

    Post by Rex on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:26 am

    jesuisparis wrote:Edited the twitch page, can now see what host is streaming and follow the stream live on the website:



    just fking pro... Coin please get into this stuff

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:52 pm

    Minor improvement to the live page


    80096

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2015-11-27
    Age : 20
    Location : Eastern

    Re: New Website

    Post by 80096 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:58 am

    Fear Money wrote:i actually do like it a bit, but i enjoy our current forum look but that would be a great intro page.



    Agreed with Fear, however instead of having a whole new site, if the Owner(s) do like the work you have done, it would make more sense to just add you into being a ' developer ' compared to starting a new.


    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:59 pm

    80096 wrote:
    Fear Money wrote:i actually do like it a bit, but i enjoy our current forum look but that would be a great intro page.



    Agreed with Fear, however instead of having a whole new site, if the Owner(s) do like the work you have done, it would make more sense to just add you into being a ' developer ' compared to starting a new.


    Their forums now is ran with forumotion software, there's nothing I can change.

    80096

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2015-11-27
    Age : 20
    Location : Eastern

    Re: New Website

    Post by 80096 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:00 pm

    If that is the case then I rather just keep this one.- Yours is decent though

    The only part that is nice in a sense is the Twitch, but if one has Twitch or Hitbox open and follows the users then they can click follow [directory/following] and see who is on.

    ----

    The Website you made also makes me think of one my bro made for his business - Literally, same set up just different advertisement. Me, myself made one on the same template just for haha's - That template is fun to mess around with, but I found few others that were cool as well.

    Is that one, one of your favorites or?

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:12 pm


    It's not a template it's the bootstrap framework, a lot of websites are based on it. Why? because it has very handy built-in css classes and js functions. saves a lot of coding. I don't see why you would use a free forum software where you have literally no control over... you only have a few options to customize here, I mean I appreciate your opinion, but I disagree totally with you.

    80096

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2015-11-27
    Age : 20
    Location : Eastern

    Re: New Website

    Post by 80096 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:00 pm

    Lol, the way you worded such makes me feel like you should not really be trusted in handling a forums for how you responded to my friendly conversation in a hostile way.

    You are welcome upon my opinion, though you need to learn how to handle a conversation properly.

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:41 pm

    I in no way offended you in my previous post, all I did was explain the concept of the bootstrap framework. As I said above, I appreciate your opinion but I disagree with you once again.

    80096

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2015-11-27
    Age : 20
    Location : Eastern

    Re: New Website

    Post by 80096 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:02 pm

    I never brought up the fact that I was offended, so in return did I offend you? (Hence the fact the way you worded your reply back.)

    Am sure you are upset since I do not fully support your idea for a new site and that I like the one we have now.

    -

    The one you made is nice, but this one is just as nice. - Yours may have a different set up, but why do you feel we need to change it? - That yours is better?

    -

    The way you explained the ' Framework ' seemed as if you were venting your frustration compared to having an actual friendly conversation.

    -

    Just like when Fear voiced his opinion upon wishing to stick with this one, you told him that it is not bad, yet it could be better.


    When it came to me expressing such as well and trying to have a conversation with you, you seemed to be a bit taken back wanting to explain how yours is better and then saying that you disagree with not only me, but also ' Fear ' for liking this site and wishing to stay with it.

    -

    Now, if someone else made a ' Site ' for " Elite Ranks, " would you support them if it was a different set up, but looked just as great?

    Or

    Would you feel threaten for now that person has an opportunity to work with the team of " Elite Ranks? " - To have a bit of power because they created a site for them, to be apart of them.

    -

    Though - With me asking that question, of course you would ' Support ' them, but you may not like it for then you would have competition.

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:12 pm

    I'm pretty sure mine is better yes, because it has way more functionality than this one. It has a more modern look and its functional on all devices.

    Does it make me an asshole for sayin that my design looks better that what this forum currently uses? I mean what designer would say his work looks bad...

    I agree this forum works as it should, but a more
    Modern look will make new visiters visit more often.

    You did not offend me, I was just annoyed.

    Many people support the fact that we need a new look, I'm not saying it therefore has to be mine but a new layout would be way better.

    80096

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2015-11-27
    Age : 20
    Location : Eastern

    Re: New Website

    Post by 80096 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:04 pm

    Why do you feel that this site will make people less likely to join compared to another one?

    -

    Other then that, I never implied that you were an ass for creating such nor seeing your work as better. - Stop trying to put words into my writing that I never implied.

    Try thinking before typing.

    -

    How can you guarantee that more people will join That site? - Just remember, it is still the persons choice rather they join or not.

    Even without joining you can see updates and information. Same with Youtube + the Friends Chat / Spammers.

    -

    Some supported,
    Some just like the design/ idea
    ^
    Just because one liked something, does not always mean they Fully support nor want it.

    -

    Good Luck

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:35 pm

    #1 I never said you said I was an ass, it was just a saying...
    #2 here's a few reasons why:

    1.) Database problems.
    You will never get your database from forumotion.No matter how hard you try they just wont give it too you.
    Why do you need your database?
    Well if you’re not happy with forumotion or want a cheaper host, you won’t be able to switch since forumotion owns your database.

    2.) Looking bad.
    Many forumotion website are stuck at 500+ members and 30 thousand posts.Wonder why? This is because people simply don’t want to join a website by forumotion, no matter how much traffic they get.

    3.) Money drain.
    Forumotion expects you to buy a domain from them which is overly priced. They pretty much overpriced everything. They expect you to pay 20$ a year to remove their advertisements when you can remove advertisements for free with other hosts.

    4.) Being bad.
    Forumotion is running on the worst forum software out their.
    These include phpbb, phpbb3 and more.Users simply don’t want phpbb they lack many features and have the most vulnerabilities.Forumotion does add on to it heavily but they’re still just not user friendly.
    It’s not even about that, when people know your running on forumotion.com they look down on you.They know your just trying to do it the “easy” way.

    80096

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2015-11-27
    Age : 20
    Location : Eastern

    Re: New Website

    Post by 80096 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:14 am

    The front page design (that you made) is pretty decent.

    -

    However, yours looks more like a product page for a company or an app rather than for a community.

    -

    "The website we are using now looks far more distinctive and makes it seem as though the community is a lot more involved."
    ^
    This sentence is from one who does not even play RS.

    They also included that," The forum template he(you) used could be used for anything from a gaming community to a knitting forum to an ocarina message board. "

    My pal then concluded that," The existing one(the one we are using now) is really distinctive, but the one he(you) proposed is a tad generic. "

    -

    The software concerns raised are indeed legitimate.

    However, this site has been running fairly smoothly despite the framework it is built on.

    -

    Have you ever thought that the size of this user base is due more to the actual size of the population of people who would actually be interested in joining the community itself rather than with the website?

    jesuisparis

    Posts : 24
    Join date : 2015-12-05

    Re: New Website

    Post by jesuisparis on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:29 am

    C0in place a lock, I'm done.

    Sponsored content

    Re: New Website

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:48 pm


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:48 pm